Individuals Bound Together As One Community

Individuals Bound Together As One Community
We all must realize we are individuals in a larger whole and need to evolve ourselves with positive purpose in order to succeed and thrive in life.

Friday, February 10, 2023

Coming Back Is Possible

Many times in our lives we can feel lost. Lost to ourselves, Lost to others, Lost even in the places where we are. Yet, the reality is that we don't have to stay lost. We have the power within ourselves to "find" all that we need. Each of us holds so much more value than we recognize, so much more power of life and hope than we realize. What it takes is courage and having the dignity of risk to honestly look inward. It's not that difficult really. The key action is honesty. To be able to have the courage to find your own value means that you must be 100% honest with yourself first. You must discover and accept the good, the bad, and the uglies about yourself and realize that all of that is who you are. And then, take the risk - with dignity and grace - to find who you are and chart an exciting course forward. Once you start moving forward, you will not be lost. You have a direction and will be on a journey of value and light.

In 2017, I wrote several poems about being lost myself, desperate in a dark place, and looking for someone, something, in my own life. This is one of those poems.

Back Where I Belong

These days are getting so much longer
Longer than I could ever imagine
The closer I get to there now
It seems like I'll never figure out
All of the ways I can get back
I've not always been the best man
And not the best friend for you
But it's been you and your love
That's helped me make it through
You always gave me another chance
To be the person I could be
Now all I want is to get back
To that place where I belong
Now all I want is to know
There's someone like you out there
Waiting with a smile on their face
To say to me, "Welcome back"
Back to where I belong
I was always running from my life
Running from all those places
From all the pain I once made
I wrapped it around me so tight
Turned all my days into night
But now I am running to the light
This is my hope bold and bright
Right now I want it all
Right now I want to see me
Right now I want to see you
Right now I want to come back
To the place where I belong.

"Back Where I Belong"   Copyright, Larry Eiring, 2017


Are you still running? Are you still looking for yourself? Are you still missing a friend or a loved one? Know this: With honesty, courage, dignity, and hope....you will get back to the place you belong.

As always, I'd love your comments and thoughts!





No comments:

Post a Comment